Activation is a full day event of activities that will be laid on by the County Active Support Units
Activation usually takes place over a weekend in July, every year (except on a Peak year). The event takes place near Carsington Water and is a one-day event - Saturday for Cubs (or Scouts under 11), Sunday for Scouts & Explorers.
- Archery and Shooting
- Bell Boating
- Bush Craft
- Climbing Wall
- Crafts including Pyrography
- Crate Stacking
- Cross Bows
- Mountain Biking
- Pioneering - Catapults
- Rock Climbing
- Tomahawk Throwing
Do you want to take part in a real life dig, exploring the old brick works in Ripley whilst working towards your Derbyshire Scout Archaeology Badge?
Well the Derbyshire Scout Archaeology Team are excited to offer Cubs, Scouts & Explorers the opportunity to get involved with some field archaeology, exploring the Brick Works in the village of Ripley, over the weekend of 15th and 16th July.
During the day all Scouts will be able to take part in four different activities: Excavating, Surveying, Finds handling and Finds processing. The Saturday is dedicated to Cubs with Scouts and above being able to take part on the Sunday.
The Big Shoot is an annual air rifle, archery and fencing competition, run at Drum Hill.
Competitors are put into different categories based on age and ability. Medals are awarded to the winners of each category and an overall team trophy is presented to the winning team.
Derbyshire Scout County Ball is an annual event that runs every year and usually takes place on a Saturday in early in January. This event is only open to over 18's.
This event see us celebrate everything we have achieved over the last 12 months. Over recent years this event as developed into an annual fund raising event with a nominated charity receiving any monies that are raised on the night.
For more information and details of this year's event, please click on the link to the web site
The Kinder Challenge and Kinder Extreme are both circular routes starting and finishing at Chapel.
- The Kinder Extreme is a challenging hike in the Peak District aimed at older Scouts, Explorers, Network and adult members. The event which takes place on Kinder Scout, is approximately 30 km.
- The Kinder Challenge is a circular route from Chapel-en-le-Frith Scout H.Q. of around 16 km. This is intended as an introduction to walking competitions in the Peak District for our younger members.
- Two Dates / Three Routes - based around Kinder Scout
- Teams of 4 to 6 members competing for a range of trophies
- The Kinder Elite is a 32 km route starting at The Reaps and finishing at Chapel-en-le-Frith. Takes place mid-June.
- The Kinder Challenge and Kinder Extreme are both circular routes starting and finishing at Chapel. The Challenge being 16 Km and the Extreme 30 km. Takes place mid-October.
Rampage is an annual competition open to all Scout Troops in Derbyshire which is held at Drum Hill usually in late September or early October.
The competition is for the teams (patrol of 6) to take part in a range of fun and challenging activity bases.
The team with the greatest number of points attained will be the winners.
Bases may include Fire Lighting, Archery, Air Rifles, Geo-Caching, Pioneering Projects, Climbing and Abseiling
Spring Bank Camp
Spring Bank is an annual themed activity camp held at Drum Hill Campsite.
Open to Cubs, Scouts, Brownies and Guides from Derbyshire and across the UK, the camp typically attracts around 1,500 participants each year. Spring Bank features a craft village and a range of adventurous activities including go karts, mountain biking, abseiling and archery. The camp also provides evening entertainment and a variety of fun challenges and competitions held across the weekend.
Spring Bank is usually held over the last bank holiday weekend in May, every year.